Mel Stride MP for Teignbridge
Dear Mr Stride,
I do not think any plea from me has affected your responses to cries for 'war'.
A general point - your party with its 27% share of the vote, is laying waste to OUR NHS, our police force, our local government and much more. The moral tenor of Britain plummets led by those in power. Little works.
Specific -
over 500,000 infants died from diarrhoeal disease and malnutrition in Iraq between 1992 and 2003 as a direct result of US and UK sanctions
(Albright - a price worth paying.) It is called genocide - as in Nazi Germany.
I have said before that in the massive bombardment and invasion of a sovereign Iraq over a million people were killed, a large majority of which were civilians. 4 million fled their homes and HALF were taken in by Jordan and Dr Bashar Assad's country - with Palestinians from their massive genocide much earlier.
17th November 2015
To BBC Complaints, PO Box 1922, Darlington, DL3 0UR
Dear BBC,
I write to protest at your broadcast last Thursday 12th November re ''Johnny Jihad' (JJ). I believe it was on that evening. This is all from memory; I have not resorted to iPlayer.
The segment was introduced briefly by Mr Frank Gardner. I believe he said that JJ had “apparently” beheaded victims in his association with IS as it is now called.
Mr Paul Adams then reported that an 'air strike' had probably killed JJ but confirmation was awaited from the US which had carried it out.
FAO Simon Wood Head, Crisis Management Department Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Date 9 November 2015
Dear Mr Wood,
Thank you for your letter of the 5th of October. I have been unwell. You display irritation in my persistence. Any irritation should be felt by me. I asked straight questions and should have received straight answers. They were a. why were only 8 bodies brought back on each of the C17 flights and b. the cost of the 4 flights carrying the 28 coffins.
You answered a. with the fact that 8 chapels had been built at Brize Norton and that respect was to be given. I understand both, but I know that some military families found it incongruous and perhaps upsetting that a military type ceremony was used to take each deceased person to the chapel. As for the cost in a country where 'austerity' is in every broadcast, I have to find that by looking each month at the FCO account spreadsheets via the link you gave me. I have said before that the FCO must have had an estimate of cost from the MOD, and if it did not, maladministration is the charge. I exclude the vulgar possibility that the staged repatriation was not done to further dramatise mass 'jihadi' killing.
I have looked at your 'Support for British nationals abroad: A guide' and note 'Making special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil unrest or natural disasters.' The FCO response has been appropriate under this heading to the mass homicide in Sousse.
Read more: Letter to Simon Wood Head, Crisis Management Department Foreign and Commonwealth Office
2nd November 2015
Dear Letters Editor,
You report (WMN 30 October 2015) that a 'disappointed Mr Cameron tells inquiry to speed up its publication of report.' Some will be surprised that he is not being more cautious given his part in the bombing of Libya which country has since descended into chaos and violence.
The bombing took place under the fig leaf of Security Council Resolution 1973 Chapter VII UN Charter.
One of the eight key points of the resolution was " authorizes all necessary means to protect civilians and civilian-populated areas, except for a "foreign occupation force". It is claimed that there were at least 50,000 civilian deaths, and particularly in Sirte.
Separately to - Dr Alison Diamond MB ChB CE of the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust and Dr George Thomson MB ChB Medical Director (NO REPLY)
Dr Tim Burke BM (Southampton) Chairman NEW CCG This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Dr Nick Roberts MB ChB MBA Chief Clinical Officer SD&T CCG and Dr Derek Greatorex MB ChB Clinical Chair This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (Dr Derek Greatorex replied.)
Dear Dr ….... and doctors on the CCG board,
We write as doctors to doctors, with over 300 years of service in the NHS between us, because the service is in crisis. We have especial concern about the closure or downgrading of Community Hospitals (CH) and how that will effect the competence of the District General Hospitals to deal with the ever increasing need for medical care. We list just a few signs of this crisis for brevity. We have no conflicting interests, our concern being only for the maintenance of good, rational services for all patients.
We know the duties of your public body was made clear by Sir David Nicholson KCB CBE Chief Executive of the NHS in England on 29 July 2010
• support from GP commissioners;
• strengthened public and patient engagement;
• clarity on the clinical evidence base; and
• consistency with current and prospective patient choice.
We will return to these rules later.